China Telecom recently unveiled its new state-of-the-art Sichuan Data Center facility in the Yibin Lingang Economic and Technological Development Zone situated to serve both the growing Chengdu and Chongqing metro areas. With a total service capacity of 10,000 cabinets, the data center offers numerous benefits, including cloud and carrier interconnectivity, extensive security, proximity to two Tier-1 cities, and cost-effective footprint scalability from individual rack units (RUs) to full cages.
South Sichuan data center features
The South Sichuan data center features a carrier-neutral fast Internet with 3C, an intelligent management system, a dual redundant backup system, and abundant power resources at low operating costs. Plus, the data center complies with the China GB50174-2018 Class A construction standards and conforms to the international Tier 3+ standards for data centers.
The South Sichuan data center also features a state-of-the-art security system that includes micro shield access control systems at the main exits in the data hall and a remote system that monitors the identity of personnel. The data center also has video monitoring cameras and an access control system that can set access permissions for different personnel. Meanwhile, the data center’s dynamic detection video provides 24/7 hours of real-time monitoring and saves more than three months of video data.
Some additional features and benefits of China Telecom’s new South Sichuan data center include:
- Total broadband capacity of 5T-10T, 1T bandwidth support for the telecom backbone network.
- Energy-saving and environmental protection technology to create a “green & low carbon” data center with cold aisle enclosed technology
- Multiple power guarantees, including power supply for critical equipment adopts a 2N+ backup power supply system
- UPS system that adopts 2N configuration, a total of 24 600KVA UPS and four 200KVA UPS, while the backup battery for the UPS system supplies power continuously for more than 30 minutes.
- IG541 gas fire-fighting and pre-installed Heptafluoropropane fire-extinguishing system. Complies with the “Code for Fire Protection Design of Buildings” (GB50016-2006 and later versions)
- Chilled water precision air conditioner that ensures the computer room stays at a constant temperature of 18-27 degrees Celsius and helps meet 30% to 70% constant humidity environment requirements
- Air-conditioning terminal equipment using UPS plus main dual-circuit power supply, for a total of 1 400KVA UPS and three 200KVA UPSs.
If you’re looking for a robust and modern data center to support your company’s expansion into Chengdu and Chongqing, CTA’s South Sichuan Data Center in Yibin provides the strategic geographic location, back-up redundancy, security, and interconnectivity, all at a reasonable price. To get complete facility specs and pricing, please click here to contact China Telecom Americas’ data center solutions team today.